Friday, May 04, 2007

Strength, courage, and the face of the impossible

These days have been in the shadow of a mountain. Mt. "To-Do" rises up from the plain of business as normal, and the closer I get, the deeper I dread. I look back at my plans for the next year and they seem a lot smaller, insignificant ... naive? I realize now that the plans got me going, but the can't carry us over that crest.

"I have to pray big" I remind myself almost every half hour: Changing lanes on the highway to work, getting another cup of coffee, mowing the yard ... "I have to pray big."

But I still feel tension churning deep inside.

This morning I basked in a ray of sunshine. I have been reading a daily devotional at ivpress.com. Today it was on Joshua 1. It says Be strong and courageous at least 5 times in that chapter. Here is verse 9:

9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

No comments: